The market for canes and crutches refers to the industry that manufactures and sells walking aids for those who have mobility issues. Canes and crutches are devices that help persons who have difficulties walking or standing on their own by providing additional support and stability. Individuals with illnesses such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, stroke, and other impairments frequently utilise them.
The cane and crutches market, which is presently worth US$ 975.9 million, is predicted to rise at a 3.8% CAGR from 2023 to 2033. As a result, the global market for canes and crutches is expected to be valued US$1.42 billion by 2033. The market for canes and crutches is predicted to expand in the next years due to the ageing population’s increased demand for mobility aids and the rising prevalence of mobility impairments. Technological advances in cane and crutch design and materials are also predicted to boost market expansion by delivering more comfortable, lightweight, and durable products. However, the market may confront difficulties such as increased competition, pricing pressure, and regulatory constraints.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=4419
Which Key Determinants are Expected to Shape Future Sales of Canes and Crutches?
- Aging population: The global population is aging, and this demographic trend is expected to increase the demand for mobility aids such as canes and crutches.
- Prevalence of mobility impairments: The prevalence of mobility impairments is increasing due to factors such as sedentary lifestyles, obesity, and chronic conditions such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis. This trend is expected to drive the demand for canes and crutches.
- Technological advancements: Technological advancements in the design and materials used for canes and crutches are expected to drive sales by providing more comfortable, lightweight, and durable products.
- Awareness and education: Increased awareness and education about mobility impairments and the benefits of using canes and crutches are expected to drive sales by encouraging more people to seek out these devices.
- Regulatory environment: Changes in the regulatory environment, such as new safety standards or reimbursement policies, could have an impact on the sales of canes and crutches
Highlights of the canes and crutches market study
- The provision of grants and insurance to disabled people, especially in the US and UK, increases the accessibility quotient, thus leading to a greater adoption of canes, crutches and similar accessories.
- Robotic assistance systems are good substitutes, which could discourage the prospects of selling canes and crutches to some extent. However, the high costs associated with these new systems could hinder their adoption to some extent.
- The online availability of assistive systems is a major driver of the canes and crutches market, as discounts and deals are powerful tools to close sales. Sales through the aforementioned channel are expected to witness a CAGR of approximately 3.9% during the forecast period (2020-2027).
- The implementation of quadruple sticks extending beyond disabled people to the elderly population would continue to induce high rates of stick adoption. Sales of canes are expected to remain 63% higher than crutches and associated accessories during the forecast period.
Competitive Landscape :
In order to meet the shifting demands of consumers and patients around the world, top cane and crutch suppliers are concentrating on releasing new, cutting-edge products that are integrated with smart technologies.
The launch of CAN Go has been scheduled for May 2022, according to CAN Mobilities, a company established with the goal of advancing human mobility. A smart cane is the new product, which combines cutting-edge sensors with mobile and web interfaces to assist those who have mobility issues while keeping them safe and independent.
Key Companies Profiled
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- Invacare Corporation
- DeVilbiss Healthcare
- GF Health Products Inc.
- Besco Medical
- NOVA Medical Products
- Sunrise Medical
- Medline Industries Inc.
Key Segments of Canes and Crutches Industry Research
- By Product :
- Folding Canes
- Quad Canes
- Offset Canes
- Axillary Crutches
- Forearm Crutches
- By Distribution Channel :
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Medical Retail Stores
- Online Stores
- By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
Overall, the future sales of canes and crutches are expected to be driven by a combination of demographic trends, increasing prevalence of mobility impairments, technological advancements, awareness and education, and changes in the regulatory environment