Thoracic drainage devices are items used to drain excess blood, fluid, or air from the chest cavity or pleural space in the healthcare industry. These devices are frequently used to treat patients suffering from conditions such as pneumothorax, hemothorax, pleural effusion, or empyema. The market for thoracic drainage devices is being driven by an increase in the prevalence of lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), as well as an increase in the number of surgeries involving the chest cavity. The development of novel and inventive products that are more effective and simple to use as a result of technological advancements has also accelerated market growth.
Thoracic drainage devices on the market include chest tubes, thoracentesis catheters, pleural drainage systems, and thoracoscopy equipment. These instruments can be used in a variety of clinical settings, including clinics, hospitals, and ambulatory surgical centres.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=7804
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The global market for thoracic drainage devices is currently valued at US$ 688 million.
- The market is projected to reach US$ 1.07 billion by 2032.
- China’s thoracic drainage devices market is predicted to rise at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2022 to 2032.
- Demand for thoracic drainage devices utilized in thoracic surgeries and pulmonology is expected to rise at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2022 to 2032.
The rise in chronic disease cases is the main factor behind the development of thoracic drainage devices. Thoracic drainage device industry leaders are implementing cutting-edge technologies and product line optimization techniques based on end-user usability.
- Blackpool Victoria Hospital announced in October 2020 that it had partnered with Medela Healthcare and would use Medela’s transportable chest drainage device Thopaz+ to reduce the likelihood of Covid-19 spreading in its respiratory wards.
- In March 2021, FourKites and Cardinal Health, Inc. formed a global partnership to improve the tracking of medical supplies, medications, first aid kits, and personal protective equipment (PPE) in transit to pharmacies, hospitals, and other care facilities around the world. FourKites’ outstanding analytics and tracking capabilities were expected to help Cardinal Health improve supply chain procedures and enable a quick, dependable, and frictionless experience for the 29,000 dispensaries and nearly 90% of American hospitals that rely on Cardinal Health for essential supplies.
Key Companies Profiled
- ATMOS MedizinTechnik GmbH & Co., KG.
- Becton, Dickinson Company
- Cook Group, Inc.
- Maquet Holding B.V. & Co. KG
- Medela, Inc.
- Medtronic PLC
- Sinapi Biomedical
- Smiths Medical
- Teleflex Inc.
- Utah Medical Products, Inc.
- Vygon SA
North America is the largest market for thoracic drainage devices, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. The market is highly competitive, with key players including Medtronic plc, Teleflex Incorporated, Smiths Medical, B. Braun Melsungen AG, and Cook Medical. These companies focus on developing innovative products, expanding their geographic presence, and acquiring other companies to enhance their market position.