The global market for newborn screening is expected to reach US$ 520 million in FY 2022, up from US$ 480 million in 2021. Over the previous year, the industry grew by 8.3% year on year. The newborn screening market is expected to grow at a 7.8% CAGR between 2022 and 2032, reaching a value of US$ 1.1 billion by the end of that year. The newborn screening market is concerned with the testing and analysis of blood samples taken from newborn infants in order to identify potential genetic disorders or other medical conditions that may necessitate early intervention. Newborn screening tests are typically performed within the first few days of a baby’s life and are intended to detect conditions that would otherwise go undetected.
The global newborn screening market is expected to expand significantly in the coming years, owing to factors such as increased awareness about the benefits of early diagnosis and treatment, technological advancements that have made screening tests more accurate and efficient, and an increasing number of government initiatives aimed at expanding access to newborn screening programmes.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=6323
- In terms of product, newborn screening consumables demand is poised to expand at nearly 8% CAGR through 2031
- Based on technology, immunoassay-and enzymatic assay, collectively, are expected to lead the segment, exhibiting a CAGR of over 7% during the forecast period
- In terms of test, dry blood spot newborn screening is poised to acquire precedence, registering growth at 9% CAGR
- The U.S. newborn screening market is likely to generate significant opportunities for the market players, expanding at a CAGR of 5% over the forecast period
- Increasing government initiatives to curb the infant mortality rates across India will bolster the demand of newborn screening, generating around 30% of revenue
- China is anticipated to lead the East Asia market, accounting for over 50% of market share owing to the increasing cases of congenital hypothyroidism in the region
Key players are focusing on expansion of their product portfolios through acquisition of existing players and forming alliance with top companies. Manufacturers are also reliant on strategic partnerships and mergers to expand their global reach and maintain their position in the industry.
- In September 2020, PerkinElmer received approval for its new launch of CE-IVD approval for EONIS screening assay used to screen spinal muscular atrophy, X-linked agammaglobulinemia, and severe combined immunodeficiency among newborns.
- In February 2021, LifeCell, India’s largest stem cell back announced relief fund and special offers to the parents for the screening of newborns. Baby shield Newborn Screening combines biochemical testing of 100+ metabolic and genetic conditions with confirmatory genetic testing.
- In December 2019, PerkinElmer received the U.S. Food and Drugs Administration approval for GSP Neonatal Creatine Kinase-MM kit for newborn screening affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Prominent newborn screening manufacturers listed in Fact.MR’s report are listed below: