In fiscal year 2022, the market for landfill gas is projected to be worth US$ 1.4 billion, up from US$ 1.3 billion in fiscal year 2021. The market is anticipated to expand between 2022 and 2032 at a CAGR of 8.3%, reaching US$ 3.1 billion by the end of that year. The landfill gas market refers to the collection, treatment, and utilization of methane gas that is generated by decomposing organic waste in landfills. Methane is a potent greenhouse gas that is significantly more harmful to the environment than carbon dioxide, so capturing and utilizing landfill gas is a critical step in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and combating climate change.
The landfill gas market has grown significantly in recent years as awareness of the environmental benefits of renewable energy sources has increased. Landfill gas can be used to generate electricity, heat, and fuel for vehicles. It can also be purified and injected into natural gas pipelines or compressed for use as a transportation fuel. The landfill gas market is driven by a combination of government policies, such as renewable energy mandates and carbon pricing, and market-based incentives such as tax credits and renewable energy certificates. The market also benefits from the growing demand for renewable energy, as well as the increasing adoption of waste-to-energy technologies.
Download Free Sample Copy of this Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=429
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- The global market for landfill gas is anticipated to reach US$ 1.3 billion in 2022.
- From 2022 to 2032, the electricity use case segment is anticipated to have a 55% market share and rule the world.
- Between 2022 and 2032, the direct use-case segment is expected to grow at a strong CAGR of 8.63%.
- By 2022, it is expected that the US region will hold 64.2% of the global market.
- In 2022, a 45.1% increase in market share is anticipated for the landfill gas market in India.
Prominent Growth Drivers Influencing Landfill Gas Market
The landfill gas market is influenced by several prominent growth drivers. One of the primary drivers is government policies aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions and promoting renewable energy sources. Renewable energy mandates, carbon pricing, and tax incentives can encourage landfill owners and operators to capture and utilize landfill gas.
Another growth driver is the increasing demand for renewable energy. As the world moves toward a low-carbon economy, there is growing interest in renewable energy sources such as landfill gas. Landfill gas can be used to generate electricity, heat, and fuel for vehicles, providing a versatile and sustainable energy source.
The adoption of waste-to-energy technologies is also driving growth in the landfill gas market. As technology advances, it becomes increasingly feasible to capture and utilize landfill gas, creating new opportunities for energy generation and reducing the environmental impact of waste disposal.
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RC&rep_id=429
The outlook for the US Landfill Gas Market is excellent.
According to Fact.MR analysis, the landfill gas industry will probably be the largest market in the United States in 2022. By the end of 2022, the North American region is forecast to hold over 64.2% of the market, according to this prediction.
Currently valued at $780 million, the demand for landfill gas in the United States is expected to increase by roughly 7.7% over the next few years. North America, the second-largest landfill gas market in the world, is anticipated to continue to be dominated by the most lucrative landfill gas industry in the United States.
- In 2022, Covanta stated that its goal was to separate its European operations from Covanta Holding Corporation and work with EQT Infrastructure to build a stand-alone waste-to-energy infrastructure in Europe. With three facilities already in operation and three more being built in Ireland, the UK, and Italy, Covanta’s European infrastructure is a market leader in the ownership and management of Energy-from-Waste plants.
- Veolia announced an unusual goal in 2022 amid rising energy market tensions: to make its waste and water services in France energy independent in the ensuing five years, using 2 TWh (terawatt-hours) of locally produced energy to satisfy its entire present demand. This is the same as what 430,000 French homes would consume.
Prominent Players in The Global Market